08 April 2012

Happy Easter - Bird Nest Cookies

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ... 1 Peter 1:3

Happy Easter everyone!  We are going to my parents for the day, they have goats and cows and chickens and ducks!  Its going to be fun!  Since we're just doing a simple dinner, I wanted to bring a Easter-y treat.  I saw these on Pinterest and was super excited to make them for Easter. They are very similar to the Haystacks my grandmother makes for Christmas.  And there are only a few ingredients.

All you need are:
1 - 12oz bag of butterscotch chips
1 - 12 oz bag of chow mein noodles
1 - bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs

Before starting, I sorted the Mini Eggs by color.  Yes I am a dork, and also look how you few pink ones you get compared to the blue & yellow!  Which was ok though, because we have been seeing a bluebird in our yard this week, so I went with the blue & yellow eggs anyway.  There were also a million white ones, but I didn't use those either.


Ok, cookie time. First melt the butterscotch chips in a glass bowl in the microwave.  I also mixed in a scoop of creamy peanutbutter at this point (maybe about 1/4 cup).


When that is fully melted, then you mix in the chow mein noodles.  (One thing would change for next time, is I would pour the melted peanutbutter and butterscotch over the chow mein noodles. It was kind of difficult to get them fully coated when I added them on top of the mixture without breaking too many while I stirred.) Once the chow mein noodles are mixed in, I used an ice cream scoop to drop on to wax paper.  Add some of the Cadbury Mini Eggs to the center of each one and you're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment