11 July 2012

Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Chops

You know much I love using my slow cooker.  I think a lot of people think of their slow cooker during the winter, to make hearty meals like stews and chili.  But the slowcooker can be even better during the summer!  No turning on the oven or standing over a hot stove.  I just drop everything in before I going to work in the morning and when we get home, dinner is ready!  And you can make lighter meals too - such as tasty Hawaiian Pork Chops.
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Chops
1 package of pork chops
20oz can of pineapple chunks
1 T soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Pour the can of pineapple into the bottom of your slow cooker.  Stir in the sugar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes.  Nestle the pork-chops on top of the pineapple and season with salt and pepper. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.

I served mine with brown rice and mixed salad greens.  Talk about easy!  And it looks & tastes like I spent the afternoon cooking.  


21 comments:

  1. Yum! I love crock pot recipes and have pinned this one!

    I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award.

    You can check it out here -

    http://www.craftyincrosby.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! This looks yummy!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I just hopped over from Serenity Saturday. I have to add this to my meal plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds perfect for summer food gonna try it come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using my crockpot too! I am always looking for new lighter recipes so this is perfect. It looks delicious. Visiting from the Oldies but Goodies link party at Small Things. Have a great day! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crockpot meals are the best!
    Thanks for linking up to the oldies party this week--the new party will be live on Monday night.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I went to make this, I found that I was out of pineapple. I substituted mandarin oranges instead, and it was delicious! I served it with rice pilaf and mixed that with mandarins, also. My kids loved the meal! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can I use pineapple juice vs chunks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only have thin cut pork chops will it work for this I hope so because it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably score the thin cut chops a bit so the edges don't curl up in the slow cooker. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I didn't need to score them when I did I put the pineapples and then juice I had to make two batches came out fabulous I didn't even get any my husband ate it all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, glad you enjoyed!!! I'm actually thinking I need to make these again, has been a while! :)

      Delete
  11. Wonder if you could do this as a freezer meal? It's just me and my husband so a pack of pork chops is too much for us. I usually have to break a pack up and freeze part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doing this tonight... As I post this, my crock pot has been on low for the past 2 hours... Will let you know how it comes out... Added Italian green beans and poured some of the sauce over them as well as 1/2 cup of light beer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds yummy! do you drain the pineapple chunks before adding to pot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the pineapple juice is your base to mix with the brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes.

      Delete