23 June 2012

Blueberry Granola Pancakes

On our vacation in Chicago we found the best breakfast place called the West Egg.  It was perfect for us to go have a big breakfast each morning and then spend the rest of the day walking around & seeing the city.

The first day I had what they called Crunchberry Pancakes (gotta love the name!), which were Blueberry Pancakes with granola in them.  They were AMAZING!  So of course that is what I had the next two days as well!

When we got home & I saw blueberries for sale at the grocery store, I knew I had to try to re-create the recipe at home!  Here is what I came up with:


Blueberry Granola Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour (you can use white flour too, but I only had whole wheat flour at home)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbs sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup granola

Mix together flour, baking powder, and sugar.  In a seperate bowl beat egg and add vanilla, and milk. Mix the egg/milk mixture with flour until well incorporated.  Add blueberries and granola.  Heat a medium skillet with a bit of butter or cooking spray.  Pour in batter and flip when the top gets bubbly.  Serve with toppings of your choice.  We added a few fresh blueberries and of course Real Wisconsin Maple Syrup!

All in all, I think they turned out pretty good!  If you eat the pancakes all by themselves they seem to need a little extra sugar in the batter, but after I added syrup the amount of sweetness was just right!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! These look great! I love that you incorporated granola in the recipe. I think I need to try this!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. those sound so yummy. We make either pancakes or waffles every Sunday. We should try this to through a twist into our routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pancakes look good as well as the bacon ;)

    ReplyDelete