19 December 2011

Garage Window Curtain

Recently there have been some car break-ins of cars parked on the street our neighborhood. One of the neighbors even said he had a set of golf-clubs that were stolen out of his garage when he was home & had the garage door open. Since we have a window in our garage, my husband thought it would be a good idea to put up a curtain so no one can look inside & see if we were home or not, or to spy on his prized possession - his motorcycle. (Please ignore the mess below the window, the garage is not my territory.)


So being the devoted wife (and of course, one who loves to sew!), I set out to make him a curtain. I wanted to use a fabric that would look the same on both sides & something that was masculine enough for a garage. I also was feeling lazy & didn't want to leave the house.  Digging around in my sewing room, I found this fabric leftover from when I had made a rag quilt.  And it was approved by the husband & Mr. C seemed to like it too!   


I would've liked them to be a little wider, but I didn't have any more fabric.  And since I'm not the handiest when it comes to powertools or drilling into wood, I didn't want to hang up a traditional curtain rod. So I bought a tension rod & used that instead. 

5 comments:

  1. like the curtain....nice idea...I appreciate you share it.

    Roman shades concord, ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! No prying eyes will spy his big boy toys!
    Thanks for helping me with the trial linky party! It seems to be working well, and I appreciate your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The curtains look fabulous. Great colour for the unfinished walls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the window curtain information that one can read on this topic. I suggest you to go for it Best information is available on this page for the people who love this

    Curtain

    ReplyDelete