02 September 2013

Pillow Cases for a Good Cause

I'm super excited to share with you what I've been working on this Labor Day Weekend.  Arrow Sewing Cabinets is hosting a pillowcase drive for Conkerr Cancer in Madison, and I've been making pillow cases!   I've seen a few of these drives around in the past, so when I saw this one I knew I wanted to participate.

I had the perfect fun Dr. Seuss fabric and whipped up these two cases using the "hot dog" method.  Have you guys ever done this?  Its super quick & easy!

In fact I had so much fun making those, that I wanted to make some more. :)  Since they stated they were specifically looking for sports themed pillowcases, I headed off to Joann's to look for more fabric.  I found some generic looking baseball fabric, which was ok...but not spectacular. And then while I was waiting in line at the cutting table, I just happened to see the PERFECT fabric!  What's better then the Wisconsin Badgers?!?  Not much, well maybe besides the Packers :)  So I tossed the baseball fabric & made two Badgers pillowcases as well!
 
They will be on their way tomorrow, I hope they are able to bring someone as much joy to use them, as it was for me to make them!

3 comments:

  1. haven't heard of the hot dog method, will look it up. Special pillowcases would make an awesome gift. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Bucky!!! I've never heard of the hot-dog method either. Those pillowcases you made are so cheery, I bet the children receiving them will love them so much. Great work!
    PS - I'm your newest follower, I can't wait to see what else you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I'm hosting a candle giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/fremont-candles-givewaway-20-for.html

    ReplyDelete