22 May 2012

Happy Monday #1 - Routine

I want to start something new here on my blog. I would like to share a quote with you every Monday morning, and something that makes me happy.  Because we all know how much fun Monday can be, why not try to make them just a bit better right?

So the quote for today is:

"The pleasure of doing a thing in the same way at the same time every day, and savoring it, should be noted." ~ Arnold Bennet

I'm not sure if I've shared this yet, but I am a creature of habit.  And one thing that I really like is a routine.
Here are just a few examples:

  • I like to go to bed and get up at the same time every day
  • Every day at work I have the same thing for lunch  (turkey sandwich on wheat, and baby carrots) 
  • On Friday nights you can find my husband and I out on a date at our favorite place to eat: Noodles & Co. - where the staff knows us and even notices if we're late! 
  • On Sunday we get groceries, and I do laundry

So when I was putting groceries away on Sunday, it made me happy to see this in my cupboard:


Yes, that is 13 boxes of oatmeal.  My husband and I just love those oats for breakfast, but we can't always find them when we buy groceries.  So when we do, we stock up because I HATE when we are out and I need to find something else for breakfast.  I think I may have gone a little overboard (just a little), but to me that just means a lot of happy mornings!

Have a Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment