06 February 2012

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and Fries

I don't know about you guys, but I've been seeing this recipe for Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken floating around & since I love using my slow-cooker I really wanted to try it!  So I figured the Superbowl would be a great time to give this a try.

The recipes is super easy-only 3 ingredients!
  • 3lbs of frozen chicken breast
  • 1 bottle of Franks Wings Sauce
  • 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Packet
I followed her recipe pretty close, except I used fresh chicken breast instead of frozen and the Hidden Valley Ranch packet I used didn't say "Dips" on it, but I don't think that made any difference.  Here is what it looked like after cooking 5 hours on High.


I made sandwiches on fresh bakery hamburger buns that were still warm when I bought them. And added a slice of Colby cheese to melt over the chicken. I also made Sweet & Spicy Sweet Potato Fries by chopping up a sweet potato, tossing them in a little olive oil and mixed together some salt, pepper, cayenne, dried rosemary, and brown sugar.  Baked at 425 for 10 minutes, flipped, and baked for about 5 minutes more.  The brown sugar caramelized a bit and the little bit of heat tied in nicely with the buffalo chicken. While we were eating I decided I need a little ranch on the side to dip the fries and my sandwich since it was a bit hot for me.  My husband didn't need any he liked the heat level, but he is obsessed with Franks Red Hot anyway. 

And since it was just the two of us, 3lbs of chicken made A LOT of food, so it was great to have some to freeze for a different day as well.  

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! It's nice to hear when someone actually tries the recipes we see all over the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks tasty! I love using the crock pot, it is so handy. Great meal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yumm-o. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete