22 February 2012

Easy Natural Coffee Pot Cleaner

I don't know if this happens to you, but my coffee pot seems to accumulate this hard to get off grime over time. And since I am not lucky enough to have a Keurig (honey are you listening? *hint hint* No? Ok then.), well I have to try to clean it.  So I scrub. And scrub. And scrub. And then call it good enough. 

Well, a while back I found an easy & natural way to clean your coffee pot that didn't require scrubbing!  And leaves your coffee pot sparkling clean! 

Start with your dirty coffee pot. As you can see, I tend to let mine get pretty bad.

Then fill the coffee pot about 1/2 full with ice.

Add 1/4 cup of salt.

Swirl that around & let sit for 10-15 minutes.  I then add a bit of water and shake & swirl the whole works around a bit more.  And dump out.  Then fill with hot & sudsy water and swipe with a rag (I like to use one that has this scratchy mesh on the back).

Rinse thoroughly. And that's it. You're done! How easy was that?! And no harsh chemicals!

6 comments:

  1. Thats a great tip..... ….I'd like to invite you to share this @CountryMommaCooks Saturday Link and Greet Party starts(Fri.6pm.ct-Sun.)…..have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give that a try. I wonder if it helps with hard water calcium deposits too?

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! It looks shiny and clean! Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! and so easy too! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is how I cleaned them when I was waiting tables while in college, except we would add some stale sliced lemons and the juice too.

    Will be featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-your-stuff-13-chocolate-cover.html

    ReplyDelete